A Quod Libet / Ex Falso Plugin is a simple python module or package which
contains sub-classes of special plugin classes and is placed anywhere in
~/.quodlibet/plugins so it can be found by QL. These classes can provide
special methods that get used by QL or can take action on certain events.
At the moment the following plugin classes exist:
- Event Plugins
- Are instantiated as long as they are enabled or QL is running. They get notified when songs start, get added etc.
- Example: Last.fm scrobbler that watches what you play and sends the information to last.fm.
- Tag Editing Plugins
- Can extend many parts of the tag editor.
- Example: Title case your tags.
- GStreamer Plugins
- Can inject elements into the GStreamer pipeline and configure them on the fly.
- Example: Tempo adjustment to play music/audio books faster.
- Play Order Plugins
- Can decide which song to play next or what happens if you select one.
- Example: Follow cursor, which plays the selected song next.
- Songs Menu Plugins
- Can be accessed through the play list context menu and get passed all selected songs.
- Example: Album art search, to search album art for all selected songs.
- Playlist Plugins
- Similar to Songs Menu plugin, and in fact derived on the same base class
- Can be accessed through the playlist context menu in the Playlist Browser
- Example: remove duplicate songs from a playlist.
- Cover Source Plugins
- Fetch covers from external or local resources
Creating a new Plugin¶
Create a file
myplugin.pyand place it under
~/.quodlibet/plugins(create the folder if needed)
Write the following into the file:
from quodlibet.plugins.events import EventPlugin class MyPlugin(EventPlugin): PLUGIN_ID = "myplugin" PLUGIN_NAME = _("My Plugin")
Restart Quod Libet
In Quod Libet open
Pluginsand search the list for “My Plugin”